Thursday, March 21, 2013

Own Argument and Opinions


I have found a new side to the law through this project. As a musician i have a lot of things to protect when i start my creation and bring it out to the world. When i called my lawyer i was really nervous but after we talked for a while i could see that it was not as big of a deal as i was making it. She was very polite and answered my questions in a serious way. I have now taken another step in the knowledge i will need in the future. I also now know the value in having a good lawyer for the more subjective cases. There are a lot of "it depends" when it comes to the law. Knowing the deference is the key to staying out of court and keeping the rights to your work. This new found information will also keep me from being attacked by patent-trolls  I see cases of people being attacked over a two second loop that started there song and I would never want that to happen to me. Through this new experience I have gained a new view on the way i create and protect what I have. I no longer see it as just a mark by a name or a piece of paper. I know now that it is a shield that gives me the right to go after anyone that tries to claim what it is that I took the time to create and produce. I now have the ability to say with confidence that I now what a copyright is what a patent and what a trademark is. I am also proud to say I know how to obtain all three. The fail safe of them may not stop anyone from infringing but it does allow me to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment